Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Facebook

Today i would like to blog about Facebook. I started my Facebook account almost one year ago, and for a while, I fell into the trap it sets for teenagers. For the first week, I believe I was on it every day for about 2 hours. At this time I was completely convinced that Facebook was the greatest invention of the 21st century. Now, however, I don't usually go on my facebook very often at all, unless I need to set up something with my friends, and have no other way of getting a hold of them. Don't get me wrong, facebook can be useful for online networking, if you're into that sort of thing. Personally, I prefer to make my friends in real life situations. I really don't mean to badmouth facebook, but when you create an online profile for yourself online, you have to realize that you are sharing personal information with a lot of people, that don't necessarily need to know it. It is very common for a young teenager, especially a girl, to be so generous with his/her personal information, that he/she endangers his/herself. I have had several friends that have gotten into a lot of trouble by doing this. Facebook is not always a bad thing, but people, especially young adults, need to exercise more caution when using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment